Do you want to be part of something bigger?…
Summary: Drink Maker/Dishwasher
Do you love being incredibly busy while having the freedom to work by yourself? Want to learn how to make the meanest plant-based milkshakes in all of Buffalo? Then our Drink Maker/Dishwasher position is the perfect fit for you. We are looking for people who love to work on their own, in a fast paced environment while doing something incredibly important to our business. You are the backbone of what keeps our kitchen moving.
The Drink Maker/Dishwasher takes control of our blenders and turns out the best milkshakes imaginable. You will work in small teams of two so you don't get burnt out from doing the same thing all shift. This is the perfect job for someone who loves to work behind the scenes but still is incredibly passionate about a high work environment.
· Makes all milkshake and dessert orders for customers in a timely fashion
· Keeps dishes cleaned and organized once they are brought in
· Responsible for cleaning up the drink and dessert station at the end of every shift
· Fill in where needed to ensure we meet our guest service standards
· Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points
· Ensure kitchen and equipment is kept clean as well as properly stored at the end of each service
· Perform opening, closing & shift duties – including but not limited to stocking, setting up and breaking down kitchen equipment
· Maintain an organized and sanitary kitchen environment ensuring restaurant meets all DOH and HAACP codes
· Demonstrates impeccable product knowledge
· Communicating professionally with co-workers and Front-of-the-House staff
· Other duties as assigned
· Follow and comply with established procedures including weights and measurements, health and sanitation, and adhere to a safe work environment.
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Have experience living a plant-based lifestyle
· Perform duties which require bending & reaching
· Ability to follow instructions and procedures
· Ability to multitask and change priorities constantly as needed in a fast-paced environment.
· Available for flexible scheduling including weekends and holidays.
· Must be available Thursday through Sunday..
Hours: 20 hours a week. Pay: DOE
Alright, now that we are past all of the legal mumbo jumbo stuff here is what we want from you. We don’t want a resume. Your credentials don’t matter to us, you matter to us. Tell us a story about food, or about you. Convince us with your words why you want to work for a plant-based restaurant and how you this will benefit you and us. Make sure you put “Plant Based Drinks” in your subject line.
Root & Bloom is an Equal Opportunity Employer