Root & Bloom Café | Market is Buffalo’s first all plant-based café offering a healthy spin on classic dishes, heavily inspired by west coast flavors, with east coast comfort.
Hey there! We’re looking for the right people to join our small but very mighty team at a brand-new plant-based café start up in Buffalo. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about plant-based food, is energetic (a must!), amazing at multi-tasking, and can work fast-paced. Excellent people skills are something that were definitely looking for, as this position will be interacting with our café guests, assisting them, and bringing joy to our café environment. The juice attendant/runner will be floating between making juice flights, filling drink orders, and running plates from the kitchen to tables, in addition to making sure coffee is stocked and the café area is looking sharp. We need someone with a shining personality and an equal amount of enthusiasm. We want to create a beautiful environment to work in, and someone who is devoted to making our new café thrive.
Summary: Juice Attendant/Runner
The Juice Attendant/Runner is responsible for providing our customers with an exceptional experience. Root & Bloom prides itself on more than just the food on a plate, we take great care in making sure the entire visit is a curated and special experience for every guest. Maintaining s a clean and orderly restaurant and making sure food and beverages are crafted and brought to guests in a timely manner, with joy and fun is a must.
· Keeps tables bused and wiped down
· Keep the dining space clean and organized throughout service hours
· Makes sure drink station is fully stocked and clean
· Fill in where needed to ensure we meet our guest service standards
· Perform opening, closing & shift duties – including but not limited to stocking, setting up and breaking down restaurant equipment
· Serves plates to tables and supports kitchen staff with moving and final plating of food
· Demonstrates impeccable product knowledge of menu items
· Communicating professionally with co-workers
· Makes custom drink orders for juice flights, smoothies and lemonade.
· Taking out garbage and cleaning areas as needed
· Other duties as assigned
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Be knowledgeable with plant-based food and living a plant-based lifestyle
· Perform duties which require bending & reaching
· Ability to follow instructions and procedures
· Ability to multitask and change priorities constantly as needed in a fast-paced environment.
· Available for flexible scheduling including weekends and holidays.
· Must be available Thursday, Friday evenings and Saturday, Sunday mornings and afternoons.
Hours: 15 - 25 hours Pay: DOE
Alright, now that we are past all of the legal mumbo jumbo stuff here is what we want from you. We don’t want a resume. Your credentials don’t matter to us, you matter to us. Tell us a story about food, or about you. Convince us with your words why you want to work for a plant-based restaurant and how you this will benefit you and us. Make sure you put “Plant Based Runner” in your subject line.
Root & Bloom is an Equal Opportunity Employer