Line Cook or Prep Cook
Root & Bloom Café | Market is Buffalo’s first all plant-based café offering a healthy spin on classic dishes, heavily inspired by west coast flavors, with east coast comfort.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about plant-based food, is energetic (a must!), amazing at multi-tasking, and can work fast-paced. Experience with plant-based cooking is a huge plus and the innate ability to know what tastes good will help you go far. Our kitchen team, almost entirely female, busts out some of the most delicious plant-based dishes in Buffalo. We need people to help make sure our plates are tasty and beautiful. In your application please let us know which job you would prefer, Line Cook or Prep Cook.
Our line cooks are the braun of the operation. They produce our dishes while we are open. You must be able to multitask and handle a fast paced work space.
Our prep cooks are early risers and make sure the day is set up for success. They are here first thing in the morning making sure the raw ingredients needed for service are prepped and ready to go. An ability to follow directions and keep on track with little supervision is a must.
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Be knowledgeable with plant-based food and living a plant-based lifestyle
· Perform duties which require bending & reaching
· Ability to follow instructions and procedures
· Ability to multitask and change priorities constantly as needed in a fast-paced environment.
· Available for flexible scheduling including weekends and holidays.
· Kitchen experience a huge plus.
Hours: 10 - 20 hours Pay: DOE
Alright, now that we are past all of the legal mumbo jumbo stuff here is what we want from you. On top of your resume, we want a story. We want you to tell us why you would be a good fit for Root & Bloom and the position you are applying for. We want to learn about who you are and why you want to join our family.
Root & Bloom is an Equal Opportunity Employer